Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pike Place Market

We were able to visit Pike Place Market not once, but twice. The first time was a weekday and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. We ate all the free samples we could find and bought some amazing baklava (second only to Turkey). While there, I ate some of the best fruit I have ever tasted-fresh, juicy, sweet, delicious. We didn't get to see anyone throwing fish, but we did find some octopus for sale.
I loved the flowers they were selling everywhere--huge, beautiful bouqets for only $10. If I lived in Seattle, I would go broke from flowers.

On Saturday, Pike Place Market was having Cheese Day, where cheese vendors from all over the west came to show off their cheese. They had mozzarella making demonstrations and free samples. Unfortunatley the place was packed! We had to fight for the few samples we were able to taste, but by then, they were kind of melting/greasey due to the sun. We did sample some French cheese that was the worst thing ever-blah!

1 comment:

Smith Clan said...

This place looks amazing. And delicious.