Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We spent the last week in South Carolina visiting Hannah, Brandon, Caleb, and Audrey. We were able to spend a couple of days at Myrtle Beach, collecting shells and enjoying the balcony on our serbert-colored hotel. We had a fun time visiting Caleb's school, playing at parks, watching animated movies nonstop, getting clawed by Kiki, and discovering golf on the Wii among other things. Dj and I enjoyed kidnapping both Caleb and Audrey and doing random things with them: the carwash with Caleb and the scary monster blow dryer with our windows rolled down and feeding Audrey fried okra at Little Pig's BBQ. The visit just reminded me how much I want to live closer to them all, so they can be a bigger part of our lives!

Dj and I bundled up under the pier.

Audrey the Velociraptor enjoying the view on the balcony.

And we came back with plenty of stuff to keep us occupied. Brandon gifted us with his entire music collection burned in mp3 files on a million CD's. Better than winning the lottery.

Hannah taught Dj how to crochet. Dj decided to make a camo blanket. The blanket kept growing and growing. I think the tread is starting to strech out more and more, because the blanket keeps growing. It is now much larger than him. We had to stop three times to buy more thread. We will see how wide this blanket gets with 14 bundles of thread, camo thread...

1 comment:

Smith Clan said...

Love the pictures. We took NO pictures while you were here so I have nothing to show for it. Can you email me the one of us on the balcony so that I can post it too? I've been calling Audrey a pteradactyl since you left. At least I'm sticking to the dinosaur theme.