Since we will be busy visiting in South Carolina for Thanksgiving, we decided to decorate our tree today for Christmas. Yes, I know it is really early, but this is the only time we could do it until December! With the snow falling outside, it could not have been a better time. Every year we try to get new ornaments as a keepsake of fun memories we have experienced. Here are our new ornaments for 2008:

This wreath was knitted by my Grandma Golden using a milk jug ring for the center mold of the wreath. Although she passed away in 2000, I was finally able to get one this year to keep forever.

Dj's first set of dentures. What else can I say? I think it is rather cute.

My Grandpa Golden worked very hard to win each of his grandkids a medal from the senior olympics. And every year he kicked butt big time! I decided to turn my medal into a Christmas ornament.

Lastly is our fishing boat from Maine with the little lobster trap in the back. Every year, we save our special ornaments for the very end, and try to remember stories to tell about each ornament as we hang it on our tree. Years from now, we will be able to look back on Dj's years in dental school, our trip to Maine, and the sweet memories of my Grandma and Grandpa Golden.
2 comments:
Nice ornaments. We try to do that too. We missed our chance for Savannah. The shrimp boat ornaments were $15.00 & I didn't buy it b/c we spent over $300 on gross food in expensive restaurants.
Don't forget you have a sparkly pig ornament coming your way too.
I love these, we get one ornament to remind us of where we celebrated Christmas, since we move so often, but I really like this idea of keeping momentos to remind of the entire year. I love people's Christmas traditions!!
Post a Comment