Saturday, March 21, 2009

Society of Toxicology Meeting

This week, I was able to attend the annual Society of Toxicology meeting in Baltimore, MD. I was unsure what to expect, and was feeling a little over my head. But I really enjoyed it; I went to some really interesting talks on nanoparticles (go NIOSH!), California wildfires and the toxins created from ash, and the horrors of artifical sweeteners (or non-horrors--eat all the Splenda, Sweet-N-Low, Equal, and Truvia you can, cause they got two thumbs up from the nation's experts). I was lucky enough to present a poster at one of the Nano sessions, regarding my research on silicon. It was a great experience. I was supposed to recycle/trash my poster afterword, but I didn't have the heart. I think I'll use it as a rug for my living room instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would make a great rug! And wallpaper!