Saturday, June 21, 2008

New stuff, Old stuff

I have been asking Dj to update the blog FOREVER, but he has been too busy watching his new favorite show, can you guess it? So you think you can dance. Meanwhile, I have finally tackled the Turkey pictures, and am finally organizing them and writing some memories down. I have nine pages to go and I'll be done!! Yeah, that says March 2007, but finally! I am so glad I pressed so many flowers in the pages of my guide book while I was there, because that is my favorite thing about my memory book.

If you haven't heard, Dj is the owner of a new toy, a Piaggio BV250. Some may call it a moped, some may call it a scooter, but I like to call it the Silver Surfer. Thanks Larkin for the name. Dj has had it for a month. He went three weeks on a half tank of gas, which comes out to about 90 miles a gallon. Someday I'll be brave and ride it with him.

We have also done a new thing this summer and ordered some fruit plants from nurserys. We are the proud owners of two blueberry bushes, which should start producing fruit next year. I can't wait that long! They arrived very small and half dead, but have grown rather nicely.

Also, the Shrub in our front yard DIED. It was ugly and horrible, so we are not really sad to be free of it. We decided to go ahead and get a peach tree, cause, why not. When it arrived, we about busted our gut laughing. It was stick attached to a peach seed--no joke. Dj went ahead and planted it, and now it looks like a dead stick in the ground. If you squint you might be able to make it out behind the post. No signs of life yet...

And lastly, Peekaboo. She has been with us for five happy years now. Doesn't she look so thrilled about it?

1 comment:

Nate and Sina said...

Yay! I found your blog-- thanks only to Hannah leaving a comment on mine. It is just like you to cyber-stalk to attempt anonymity for as long as possible. But I have found you now, and am adding you to our sidebar for others to stalk as well.